Post -Operative Instruction of Breast Augmentation Surgery
• Start ambulating as soon as possible
• May shower 48 hrs after surgery
• Avoid strenuous activities for 4 weeks
• Refrain from physical contact with breasts for 3-4 weeks
• Follow-up check with the surgeons will be 7 days after for suture removal and instructions on how to properly massage breasts to avoid capsular contraction.
• Massage breasts at 3 weeks post-op to prevent contracture
• Only support bras without wire should be used after sutures are removed.
• According to doctor's instructions, bras may be worn about 1-2 weeks after surgery when most of the swelling has gone down. Support bras are recommended to maintain breast shape.
• May wear bra with wire 4-6 months after surgery.